Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Welcome

In two months from today, on August 13, 2012, my life will change radically. I will step onto a Nefesh B'Nefesh aliya charter flight, and begin a new chapter of my life: as a college graduate, as an Israeli citizen, and as an IDF solider. The question of how to prepare for that chapter is compounded in difficulty by the fact that I must simultaneously finish the current chapter: my last four years in Berkeley have given me plenty to contemplate.

I have been asked many times to explain my thoughts, hopes, and motivations about this endeavor, most frequently by myself. So I hereby present this series of letters, this epilogue and prologue, in which I will reflect on this period of transition. I hope the process of writing will catalyze my own thoughts, and if my account is interesting or useful to anyone else out there, I'll consider it an unexpected bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment